About Hilderstone Village Hall
Funds to construct the hall were raised by Stone and District Farmers’ and Traders’ Red Cross Committee through whist drives, dances, concerts and sales, along with a number of donations and aid from the Government. Land in the village centre was purchased in 1944 and a year later permission to build was sought. Although a traditional brick building was originally planned, post-war shortages of labour and materials resulted in the hall being built from cedarwood, completed in the mid-1950s.
It is vested in and run for the village by a management committee on a purely voluntary basis. It is a registered charity (Registered Charity number: 522672), and relies on fund raising events and letting of the hall for the money required to maintain and to operate.
The Management Committee is elected annually at the AGM and, together with representatives from the local organisations, is responsible for the general running of the premises.
The hall is for the benefit of the local community and with the support of the village and parish, the committee will continue to uphold the original trust purposes of providing physical, recreational, educational and social activities.
New fund raising ideas and new members are always welcome.
The Village Hall
t: 07810 332559
Modern main hall with smaller side rooms, male and female toilet facilities and a fully equipped separate kitchen area. There is full access to all parts of the halls for wheelchairs.
There is ample car parking at the village hall with easy access to the main road through the village.